Position open in April 2019 for the Executive Assistant to Lincoln Center Theater’s Executive Director of Development & Planning. Works closely with the Executive Director of Development & Planning and provides support for varied activities in a highly professional, fast paced nine-member development department raising $12+ million annually in addition to special purpose campaigns.
Qualifications include: a B.A. degree and at least two to three years of office experience, preferably in a not-for-profit performing arts organization. Seeking candidates with excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills who are service oriented, have a high level of emotional intelligence, a pleasant telephone manner, attention to detail and follow-up, and poise under pressure. Experience and interest in fundraising and the theater are highly desirable.
Duties include: prepare and format letters and documents; process gifts and coordinate acknowledgements; enter gift data and maintain specialized gift records including multi-year pledges; schedule and prepare for Board and Board Committee meetings, staff meetings and meetings with donors; reserve meeting space; maintain calendars; arrange house seats for Board Members and donors; take RSVPS for donor and Board events; organize and maintain computer and hard copy filing systems; maintain contact information and mailing lists; expedite mailings/e-mailings and messenger deliveries; assemble proposal packets for institutional funders; prepare giving histories; record meeting, event and performance attendance; assist with travel and restaurant reservations; prepare expense reports; maintain resource subscriptions and circulate to the development department; and assist at special events (must be available for some evening work). Interface with LCT departments including: Finance, Marketing, General Management, Production and Artistic.
Strong computer and word processing skills desired include proficiency in Microsoft Windows 10, Office 365 (Word, Excel, Outlook and Access), Raiser’s Edge, on-line resources such as Lexis Nexis and Wealth Engine, and familiarity with social media platforms. Ability to draft acknowledgement letters and miscellaneous correspondence is a plus.
Salary is negotiable.
Lincoln Center Theater is an equal opportunity employer.
E-mail resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Title: Executive Assistant
Please include "Executive Assistant" in subject line of e-mail.
Or mail to:
Hattie K. Jutagir
Executive Director of Development & Planning
Lincoln Center Theater
150 West 65th Street
New York, NY 10023
No telephone calls or duplicate submissions please.
A part-time position is available immediately in Lincoln Center Theater’s General Management Department. In the absence of a regularly scheduled Administrative Receptionist, responsibilities include:
- Answering incoming phone lines and routing calls
- Greeting and directing guests while making them feel welcome
- Monitoring and enforcing strict security procedures at the Stage Door
- Maintaining a basic knowledge of ongoing events and personnel at Lincoln Center Theater to aid in basic customer service over the phone and in person
- Handling mail and package distribution
- Assisting in shipping and receiving
- Maintenance of coffee machine and hospitality inventory
- Other duties as assigned
- flexible availability
- excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- a professional appearance
- the ability to handle multiple tasks with grace under pressure
- the ability to deal with high profile theater artists and the public
- the ability to take initiative and solve problems effectively and creatively
- a good sense of humor
- proficient office machinery and computer skills (MS Windows, Word, Excel and Outlook)
Email cover letter and resume by Friday, April 12th to Robyn Hecht at email@example.com with “RECEPTION PT” in the subject line. No phone calls please.